1 pound baking potatoes -- peeled & cut into 1" cubes
1 pound sweet potatoes -- peeled & cut into 1" cubes
3 pounds beef brisket -- fat removed (up to 3-1/2 lb)
1/2 cup bottle hoisin sauce
1/2 cup bottled salsa
2 Tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
2 cloves garlic -- minced
In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker place baking potatoes & sweet
potatoes. Top with beef brisket. In a small bowl, combine hoisin
sauce, salsa, tapioca & garlic. Pour sauce mixture over meat; spread evenly.
Cover & cook on low-heat setting for 10 hours or on high-heat setting
for 5 to 5-1/2 hours. Remove meat from cooker to a cutting
board. Cut across the grian into slices. Serve cooking liquid and
potatoes over beef. makes 8 servings.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 620 Calories; 45g Fat (66.6%
calories from fat); 31g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
124mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat.
Baked Slow Cooker Chicken
1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
Wad three pieces of aluminum foil into 3 to 4 inch balls, and place them in the
bottom of the slow cooker.
Rinse the chicken, inside and out, under cold running water. Pat dry with paper
towels. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika, and place in the
slow cooker on top of the crumbled aluminum foil.
Set the slow cooker to High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for about 8 to 10
hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Totally Different Spaghetti Sauce
3 cans tomato paste - (12 oz ea)
9 cans water
3 large onions - (to 4) -- chopped fine
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon allspice
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon powdered dried cloves
1 garlic clove -- minced
(or 1 tspn garlic powder)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons salt
Cayenne pepper -- to taste
2 pounds ground beef
Roll the beef into medium-sized meatballs. Combine all ingredients including meatballs in a crock pot and simmer slowly all day. Sauce will be very thick, and a little bit goes a very long way.
Aunt Jenny's Slow-Cooker Meatballs
1.5 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
Parsley sprigs (optional)
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture into 30 (1.5
inch) meatballs. (Note: for me, I ended up with about 50 very small
almost bite-size meatballs. It made it fun to eat!)
2. Combine ketchup, sugar, juice, and sauces in an electric slow cooker;
gently stir in meatballs. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 8
to 10 hours. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Yield: 10 servings
(serving size: 3 meatballs and about 2 tablespoons sauce)
Calories 263 (14% from fat); Fat 4.1g (sat 1.4g mono 1.7g poly .3g);
Protein 18.7g; Carb 37.1g; Fiber .9g; Chol 39mg; Iron 2.9mg; Sodium 721mg;
CROCK POT BAKED POTATOES
10 to 12 potatoes
Prick potatoes with fork and wrap in foil. Fill crock pot with potatoes. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. High 2 1/4 to 4. Do not add water!
CROCK POT RAVIOLI CASSEROLE
1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz. can peeled tomatoes, in thick tomato puree
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 lb. bow-tie pasta or fettuccine, freshly cooked
1 10 oz. pkg froz.en chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed to remove excess
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, onion and
garlic,stirring often to break up lumps, until the meat loses its pink color,
about 5 minutes.
2. Tilt the pan to drain off excess fat, then transfer the beef mixture to
a3.5-qt slow cooker.
3. Add the tomatoes with their puree, the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and
pepper, stirring to break up the tomatoes with the side of a spoon.
4. Cover and slow cook for 7 to 8 hours on low.
5. Skim the fat from the surface of the meat sauce. Stir in the cooked pasta,
spinach, and ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, and slow cook for 5 more minutes.
Cheesy Broccoli, Rice, and Chicken Casserole
Things You'll Need:
* 1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
* 1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese (In a can)
* 1 1/2-2 cups of chopped broccoli (I used 1/2 bag of frozen
* 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
* 1/2 soup can full of milk
* 3 chicken breast cut into cubes
* 2 cups of cooked white rice (2 bags of boil-in-bag rice. Its
* Any desired amount of Colby Jack Cheese
1. Cut chicken into small bit sized cubes and boil. Boil rice until
cooked, and boil broccoli until tender.
2. After all three are cooked, run under cold water.
3. Mix together your soups, sour cream, and milk until mixed
4. Add chicken, rice, and broccoli to soup mixture and mix
5. In a casserole dish, spread your mixture evenly, and sprinkle
desired amount of cheese on top
6. Preheat oven to 350*F and cook for about 30 minutes or until
If desired, sprinkle cheese and bread crumbs on top of your casserole.
There you go, its all done. This casserole is a quick and easy make. It took about 15 minutes to put it together and 30 to cook.